Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Catching Up!

Hello! 
I can't believe it's been over a month since I posted. It has been a whirlwind around here lately!
I went back to work early this year due to the fact that my district is revamping our calendar year slightly. So, instead of mid August, I went back on the 3rd! That would be the reason I haven't been around much recently. I'll share a few snapshots from August with you today and I will be back very soon to share a quick project we just finished, as well as a few classroom photos.

Thought you might enjoy a recent picture of my fur babies...Sadie and Rooster say hello!


Here's one of my little cuties this year. Her mom is one of my co-workers. I always take first day pictures to send home. This year I have decided to take a picture every month of each of my kiddos to send home at the end of the year.


Miranda and I went to a few thrift stores a couple weekends ago. I couldn't resist this set of glasses.


We are big Christmas Story fans, so for $1.99, these had to come home with me. They should make for a fun tablescape this Christmas.


The glasses and a dress are all I bought for myself. I hardly ever go thrifting these days.

I still need to share more on my bullet journal. I will try to do that this month. I really liked this layout for a couple weeks ago. It was so colorful. I enjoy using watercolor paint in it. 


Last weekend, my my sister and I, along with our daughters and my mom went to Saint Augustine for the day. We had a delicious lunch, did a little shopping at the outlet mall, and enjoyed some time at the beach. It was a fun girl's day out! 

My nieces, Taylor & Shelby, and  my daughter Miranda.


Wish I was there now!


Sopeaceful and pretty! The day was just beautiful. 


My son Dakota raced that night and I wasn't there since I went to the beach, but he won his first race. Proud Mama here. :)

The next day, we went to buy groceries and do a little shopping. I have been wanting to start collecting Rae Dunn mugs and I found these two at TJ Maxx. I am on the lookout for more. I just love them.


Here is my kindergarten team....from left to right....De, Kaloa, Sue, Kaycee, and yours truly. 
I LOVE my team. We have so much fun together! And, all of us, except Sue workout together too. Poor Kaycee slipped and fell during a lunge a few weeks ago and dislocated her knee and hurt her ankle. She's on crutches for a few weeks. That happened the day after this picture was taken. :(


You may have heard that Florida was just hit by Hurricane Hermine.  Schools were closed here Thursday and Friday and my school was opened as a shelter. We haven't had a hurricane come through here since 2004. Hermine came through my area, but we had no damage and never lost power. It was pretty scary with all the rain and wind but we are far off the coast so we didn't get the worst of it. I wish I could say the same about the rest of my county. Our coastal towns were hammered and there was a lot of loss. Fortunately, there were no lives lost. Homes and businesses can be rebuilt and replaced. Lives cannot. The photo below was taken yesterday....the day after the storm passed through. It was a beautiful day. We have had rain most of the day again today though.  Lots of folks are without power and will be for quite some time. Thoughts and prayers for all those affected by Hermine are appreciated.


Today, I went to my workout. Fortunately we made it through before the rain started. I am still loving working out. I feel so good after each one and I am getting stronger every day. Most of the day has been rainy and I have been working on little projects. I finally finished organizing my movies. So happy about that!



Each movie has a dot that matches the dot on the divider. I am hoping this will make it easy to put them back in the correct spot. 


I hope you are doing well. I really am hoping to get more active on my blog. I also need to visit you all. I have been trying to keep up reading, but don't always have time to comment. I am hoping to catch up soon. I plan to post a little project Monday so be sure to come back and see.
Until then, have a blessed Sunday and Labor Day. 


 
 

16 comments:

  1. Hello, Vicky! I've missed you but I knew you were busy with school. It's good to catch up! Rooster has gotten so big - he's as cute as can be! Your girls day sounds like fun and congrats to your son for his win! Glad you are ok and didn't have any damage from the hurricane...will be praying for those who have suffered from it. Hope you have a good week!
    Hugs,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was just thinking how I haven't seen a post from you and figured you were busy with school. Never figured you would go back so early!! That would not go well up here in NY. The kids go back the 6th of September but will then be in school till the end of June. So I guess you either miss the end of summer or the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well hello there! Welcome back!

    The fur babies look so happy :).

    We just finalized our winter plans and St. Augustine is in the mix in March.

    Glad to hear you didn't sustain any damage from the hurricane. It seems there are few places to live in the states that are 'disaster' proof.

    Looking forward to seeing what you've been working on soon!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Miss Vicky! So glad to have news from you. Rooster and Sadie are looking good. What a creative idea to take monthly pics of your students. It is always a stress-reducer to have a cohesive teaching team. Go, Dakota!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicky it is good to see your blog post! I know with school starting you are super busy. Glad you missed the worst of the storm but prayers for all who were not. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wondered where you had been!

    I'm glad you didn't suffer and damage and that things are back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought of you today when I saw children in their school uniforms returning to school. I hope you are settling back into the routine and I bet your little kinders are very happy to be with you xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vicky,

    Nice to see what is going on! Summer went by too fast!
    Happy almost fall! Love your fur babies!!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sure have been busy! Looks like such a fun girls' day with your nieces :o) I'm glad you weren't affected too much by the hurricane. Looking forward to seeing your project you'll be sharing soon :o)

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful family... Love your photos ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a busy girl . . . you are still, by far, my favorite organizer . . . you do it with such flare and whimsy. You make getting organized look fun :) I can not believe how much your daughter and nieces look alike . . . anyone that sees them would think they were sisters. Great to hear that you are still working out . . . I am so proud of you.
    Your blogging sister,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have had a very productive and fun month, Vicky.

    I really need to get back to the gym but I hurt my knee a few weeks ago. I've put off going to the doctor in the hopes that it is just a sprain but it is becoming obvious that I need to make the appointment.

    The fur babies look happy as do the girls. I'm sure you are thrilled to have Miranda back state side.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you have been super busy. Glad you had a fun day out. Love the way you organized the videos. Congrats to your son. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Vicky, I'm so glad and happy that you are ok and were not affected by the hurricane. It sounds like you are good but very busy with work and everything. Take care and good luck with school this year!!
    Hugs, Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Vicky, It's so good to hear from you again. My blogging around has changed up a bit with my work changes. It seems you have been plum busy. I love your pics! The fur babies are so sweet and I loved the the idea of the pics of the children at school. Thanks for sharing your good family times.
    Best wishes for a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Vicky, It's so good to hear from you again. My blogging around has changed up a bit with my work changes. It seems you have been plum busy. I love your pics! The fur babies are so sweet and I loved the the idea of the pics of the children at school. Thanks for sharing your good family times.
    Best wishes for a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....