Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Peeks from My Week!

I don't know about you, but I do love a lazy Sunday afternoon. I thought since I had some time to spare, I'd show you a few projects from the past week. For those of you who said a prayer for my dad's surgery, thank you! The surgery went well and he is doing great!

One afternoon this week, I came home with lots of energy to spare (not typical of a kindergarten teacher) and decided to paint my window trim and sew my curtain.


 I have had the fabric for a while now. Some of you may remember me asking your opinion on your favorites. Well, I ended up choosing one that wasn't even in that post. I found this Waverly fabric on fabric.com and fell in love. It is called Charismatic Honeysuckle and features most of the colors I love so much. It has a pale aqua blue/minty green background and pops of orange, peach, cream, lime, khaki, cherry red,  & mustard. I love it! 

Source
It's difficult to see the light fixture in the photo above since it is glass. This is the one I chose and I love it!


Tuesday, I spent the majority of the day at the hospital with my mom and sister while we waited for my dad to come out of surgery and recovery and be placed in a room. After he was settled in, I made a quick trip to Hobby Lobby to pick up a couple things. I bought this boxwood sphere and placed it in one of my tureens to add some color to the vignette.


I bought a couple hooks to hang dishtowels or pot holders on. Here is one.


And here is where I had the hubby hang it.


Here's the other. This is the one I went after but I decided to get two and wanted them to be different. This one is ceramic and metal.


Here is where it hangs.


This is the number one reason I went to Hobby Lobby though. I have been wanting one of these double faced clocks for a while. They were on sale 50% off so I had to have it! 


Here it is from the dining room.


And here it is from the kitchen side. I love it!!!


Another quick little project was repainting these frames. I have had these hanging in my bathroom for a while and just love them, but I thought they needed some color. They were thrifted of course.


I spent about an hour carefully taping over the gold because I wanted to keep it and just paint the brown. They didn't turn out perfect since the paint leaked in under the tape a little, but I still think they look so much better!


Here's another before and after. I really liked the fabric that was on the chair before, but I wasn't overly happy with it and have been wanting something different for a while. So, since I had a little of the Waverly fabric left over from the kitchen curtain, I decided to recover it. I really like the big, bold flowers and the green was perfect!


Here is where the chair "lives". It usually holds my purse and anything I bring home from work. It sits by the front door in my "entry". I know I have a lot of color going on here. Do you think it looks OK? 


I used my little wire basket to hold a clear vase and some branches from my Sparkle Berry tree.


I think it looks pretty.


Last project share...I know this post was long!
I used a piece of the Waverly fabric to recover one of my sofa pillows. I wanted something brighter than the dark ones that matched the sofa. I wanted to make two, but didn't have enough fabric. That's why I  used it to recover the chair instead. 


I had one very small piece left and I decided to put it in a hoop. I love hoop art!
I also printed a new piece of "art" for the clipboard. This scripture is perfect for me lately.


Well, if you're still reading, you made it! I appreciate your taking time out of your day to catch up with me and my life. This week is Teacher Appreciation week and my boss is providing lunch for us tomorrow and then letting us leave and go out to lunch Tuesday, and she's paying for our lunch! I have an awesome boss. We normally only get to leave for lunch on days when the students aren't there, so this is a treat! I am off work Friday because my daughter and I have a weekend get away planned! I bought her Beauty and the Beast theater tickets for Christmas and this upcoming weekend is when it is playing. We are both so excited to get away for a couple days. I'll share when I return. I may share a couple things before then if time allows. Hope you have a blessed and beautiful week.

Until next time....

22 comments:

  1. Oh Vicky, I'm so glad your dad is doing well. Answered prayers!
    Love your fabric...the colors and pattern are so pretty. It makes a great curtain and pillow and looks so good on your chair. Matches the green frame perfectly! The frames look better with their paint - your little entry looks pretty. The gallery wall looks good. I still like that you can switch out the art on the clipboard. Love the Scripture you used this time. Enjoy your lunches and time away from school AND the time with your daughter! (Did I miss anything?) :-)
    Have a wonderful week.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky, your home is adorable. I love all the details and special little touches that all come together and show us your personality. It reflects what a beautiful person you are :) Your kitchen is so charming and your collection of art above your sofa is so whimsical and fun. I could be very comfortable living in your home; your style is so cheerful . . . I love everything:)
    And No, No, No . . . your post is not too long . . . it is so interesting, I could have looked and enjoyed looking at even more.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your home is coming together, Vicky. Everything looks so nice and comfy. Your chair is perfectly placed. I like the way everything looks in that spot.

    So happy to hear your Dad is doing well.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I'm sorry to hear about your Dad having surgery and I hope he is recouperating. I really love your kitchen Vicky! It is so beautiful. I love your chair and curtains you made. The frames came out nice too. You have worked really hard and everything is so I hope you enjoy it! Have a nice week.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicky, so happy to hear your Dad is doing well. Love the fabric you choose and I think everything looks great! Very happy!! Enjoy your weekend getaway with your daughter. Sara and I are getting haircuts tomorrow and having lunch together with Miss Rosemary as long as she isn't crying!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home is so beautiful and charming, my friend....just like you :) I love your new shades - so cheerful and bright! And the hook for the towel is fabulous! I have a plastic hook hanging on the inside of the cupboard under the sink which is where I hang my towel and dish cloths, but yours it more fun :)

    Priase the Lord your dad is doing well! Thinking of you! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of energy used on so many great projects...love them all! That fabric is lovely and it looks great used in all of your projects. Your Hobby Lobby finds are great also. Love all the great changes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post was so interesting to me Vicky. I love seeing your home decor. I have that same checker board.. thriftstore find of course. Love the new curtain shade and your kitchen is gorgeous! The gallery wall and entryway both are so fun. I hope you and your daughter have a wonderful weekend! And enjoy your teacher appreciation week too. You deserve it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It certainly was a productive week for you. Your curtains and all your new treasures are perfect! Good to hear your dad is doing well! Hope you enjoy your time away with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks great Vicky! Love the fabric you picked for your curtain. Very pretty! Prayers to your dad for a speedy recovery!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear your dad is doing great Vicky! I LOVE that clock!!! Your kitchen makeover looks complete with such gorgeous fabric. Great choice. Hope you have a wonderful weekend with your daughter and enjoy your teachers appreciation week! You deserve it my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks simply stunning, Vicky! I love all that you did in your kitchen and those curtains are so bright and cheery! I love the colors you picked and the light and clock are perfect! Those hooks belong in your kitchen. I love hooks!

    I am happy to hear that your dad is doing well. I hope you have a wonderful week! Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  13. How do you accomplish so many things, so well I might add, while working full time? You are inspiring to me! LOVE all your projects. Glad to hear your Dad is doing well. Happy Teacher Appreciation week! I am sure you are fabulous at that too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything looks so pretty Vicky! I like the fabric you chose for the curtain and the hooks are nice. The picture frames turned out great, you know how I feel about updating frames! lol!

    Hope you have a great week!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well Vicky, you have been a busy girl! Your project are just lovely...I really love that kitchen window treatment...in fact, your whole kitchen is shaping up so beautifully! I have two sets of vintage oval frames that are on my project list, along with many other things that aren't getting done...lol! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The fabric is so pretty. Love the curtain and it looks great on the chair. Fun to have enough for a pillow and hoop art too! Sweet clock. Have a fun get away with your daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello dear Vicky! I must tell you that I had such a lovely visit to your blog yesterday and wanted to leave a note to tell you so, but my phone wasn't cooperating!
    Wow...I am so impressed with what you and your husband have done with your kitchen remodel - it looks so beautiful and just perfect for you!
    The curtain fabric you picked out is so lovely too and the clock! It is really adorable!
    Have a wonderful time away with your dear daughter and make lots of memories! I am sure you will both have a special time:)
    Much love and big hugs to you!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved everything. I can't pick just one thing. You have done an outstanding job with the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Vicky, you must love your new kitchen! It's perfect, and the fabric choices are darling!

    So happy your dad is on the road to recovery! It's so stressful when those we care about are ill, but the worst is behind you thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your kitchen looks amazing Vicky! That Waverly fabric is so pretty and fun. I'm so glad your dad is doing well and recovering. Have a wonderful weekend with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm happy to read your father is doing well.
    Your kitchen is gorgeous and the curtain adds just the right amount of happy colour needed!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Everything looks beautiful Vicky! I love all the color :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....