Pages

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Christmas Decorating....Part 3

I'm happy to report I survived another week in kindergarten. My kiddos were so excited to see Christmas decorations in our classroom. They are so cute at this age! It was a busy week, but a good one. My resolve to stay as stress free as possible and enjoy the days is working so far! I'm back today to share some more Christmas decor with you. Some of you may remember the shelf we built in the opening between my living and dining rooms. I am still loving it and my white pitcher collection still occupies it. I decided to keep it simple and only added some fresh cedar branches to a few of the pitchers. I added a piece of jute paired with some tiny red clothespins and vintage postcards. I also hung my white Ikea lantern from one of the cast iron brackets. I am loving that little touch and am now wondering what else I might hang from them.throughout the year! 


Here's the back side. I love the postcards from the back as well. Some of these were thrifted last year and some were sent to me by my good friend Donna who blogs over at Distressed Donna Down Home. Go visit her!


The other day I was visiting my friend Sherry's blog and drooling over her gorgeous mantel. Go see it here! Anywho, I don't have a mantel, but I did steal an idea from her and just love it! My TV cabinet is my "mantel"...see below. The idea I stole was using milk glass vases filled with candy canes! (While we're looking at this cabinet...I have a quick question for you. We are purchasing a new big screen TV and can't decide whether to hang it above the cabinet or sit it on the cabinet like the smaller one here. What do you think? I want to hang it so I can have the top of the cabinet to decorate. Hubby wants to sit it on top, but he will do whatever makes me happy. Give me your thoughts...please!) And...yes, that is a Christmas movie on TV. That's practically all I watch during this season. I also read lots of Christmas books. I'm on my second one so far.


Here are a couple close ups. I love the simplicity of this. This was such an easy and  inexpensive project! I had all the milk glass pieces, so no cost there, and candy canes are cheap...$2. Plus, my kinders will  enjoy eating them after Christmas. I love the way they look in front of my plank wall too!


The little vintage elves were thrifted a couple years ago. 


This simple arrangement is on one of my end tables. Fresh boughs of cedar (cut from a huge cedar tree on my parent's property), a snowman light, and a candy cane candle. 


The clipboard on the gallery wall got a new Christmas printable.


A freebie I found online. I like the colors in it!


My game cabinet got a little seasonal decor as well. More fresh cedar, a few Christmas books, and a few other odds and ends. I like the reflection of the Christmas trees in the mirror in this shot.


My truck in the jar sits on my heater, along with more fresh cedar in mason jars in the wood box. 


This small end table has a Better Homes & Gardens candle arrangement I bought on clearance a few years ago.


Last night I had my sister and two of my closest friends over for supper. It was so nice catching up with them. Everyone stays so busy and it's difficult sometimes to all get together. I was thrilled when they were all free last night and could come over. I made a new recipe...Chicken Marsala. I have had it in restaurants, but never made it myself. It was pretty tasty. I made homemade mashed potatoes, asparagus, and rolls to go with it. Heather bought a salad, Jeana bought dessert, and Nancy (my sister) bought drinks. We had a nice, relaxing time just eating and talking. I even got a couple sweet gifts...:) 


Jeana bought me this sweet box filled with my favorite chocolates, a candle, and this adorable lantern ornament. It lights up...so cute!


Nancy bought this pretty vintage looking frame with a bird print inside. The glass is convex which I love. The print actually looks like fabric stretched over an oval shape. Very different..I love it! I'm trying to decide where it will "live". I'm thinking the living room. 


I'll leave you with my favorite view lately. This makes me so happy! 
I can see all of my trees from this angle....I love it! (I'll be sharing each tree in future posts!) My home feels so cozy right now. I just love Christmas time! I'm hoping to get some gifts wrapped and under the tree later today. 


I hope your weekend is spectacular!
Until next time.....

13 comments:

  1. Hi Vicky, I just caught up on your last 3 posts about Christmas decorating. Everything looks so nice. Hope you can relax and enjoy the season and the kiddos now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Christmas decorations! Enjoy the season!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicky your home is so full of Christmas cheer! I'm loving everything you've shared. I love Chicken Marsala but have never made it. I'll check out the recipe.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks lovely Vicky. Love using my milkglass at Christmas, so I think I have to steal the candy cane idea too. :)

    Such fun to get together with "the girls". Where would we be without our friends? They brought you sweet gifts and dinner sounds great.

    Enjoy your decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot, we hung our tv on the wall. I like it that way since it is large. I was worried it would get knocked over on a table.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just checked out all of your Christmas decor and all I can say is....I LOVE IT ALL!!! The reindeer under glass, the truck with the Christmas tree, Santa sitting on the stool, your fabulous table all decked out. Christmas must be lots of fun at your home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I read this I thought tomorrow I will go out and cut some cedar for the aroma in the house until I get around to decorating. Then remembered it was a victim of last year's ice storm. Love the cedar tucked into the pitchers. I am so glad you used the postcards where both the fronts and the backs are visible. It is so beautiful, Vicky. I may just come stay with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything is lovely! All of your holiday touches are wonderful and love the way it all looks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It all looks so pretty and warm and cozy! Wish I could come hang out! As far as the TV, if it were me I would leave it sitting on the cabinet but that's because I like to move things around a lot and then I'd be limited. I do like the look of them hanging though.

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything is so pretty Vicky! Awww... so sweet of you to give me a shout out. The candy cane vases are very festive. I personally LOVE them. I also love the white pitchers. I have a few myself ;-) We have our bigscreen sitting on a cabinet. I'm fine with it.
    I used to have a long shelf above our TV and used it like a mantel. Now I have our family sign hanging there. Seems less cluttered.
    I'm loving all your decor. I'm behind in blogland. My daughter had a birthday yesterday but of course we celebrated all weekend. My kids love week long birthdays.
    Hope you have a good week at school. I'm hopping over to your next post.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your house looks fantastic Vicky. I am so behind with a house full coming on Saturday for an early Christmas. Your chicken dish sounds sooooo good and no better way to share it than with good friends! I better get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have wonderful Christmas touches thruout your house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I couldn't reply by e-mail because you are showing up as a no-reply blogger. Have a lovely week!

      Delete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....