Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

My 2nd Annual Ornament Exchange

Well ladies...it's that time of the year again! Time for my second annual Christmas Ornament Exchange! 
 Can you believe it? Christmas is less than eight weeks away! 
I can hardly believe this year has flown by so quickly. 
Just like last year, I decided to host this early, so you can get your ornaments well before Christmas. I don't know about you, but I decorate early....usually during the week I am off for Thanksgiving. I decorate so much and like to have a few weeks to enjoy gazing at it all. I'm especially excited to decorate this year since the hubby and I renovated our living and dining rooms. 



So, for any newbies.....
No big rules....just don't spend over $15. Your ornament can be purchased or handmade by you. It's up to you...:) You can send additional items if you wish, just remember it is not required so don't feel pressured to send extra items or disappointed if you only receive an ornament. I think an ornament and a nice hand-written note is sufficient, but I know some of us just love shopping for or crafting items for others, so you may choose to include an additional item or two. It is entirely up to you...:) Also, you will make two new friends since you will send to one person and receive your package from an entirely different person! Also, please let me know in your comment if you would be willing to send to someone out of the country. I have a few blog friends from other countries whom I want to be able to participate if they wish. I personally don't mind shipping to another country!

You can spread the word by copying the picture below and pasting it into a post with the link to this post. You do NOT have to do this to sign up though! Only if you want to...:)


Here are the details:

1. Sign-up will run today through Saturday, November 8th. 
To sign up you just need to leave me a comment! I will contact you after I get your comment and you can then send me your name and address. Please make sure you are not a no-reply blogger. I won't be able to e-mail you if that is the case.

2. I will announce your partners by Sunday, November 9th.

3. Purchase (new or vintage) or make an ornament (spending limit is $15).

4. Ship your ornament by November 20th.

5. I will have a link-up on my blog on or by December 13th so you can show off your new ornament from your new friend!

I was so blessed by last year's exchange and am excited to host again this year. I do hope you'll participate again and pass the word along to any other bloggers whom you feel would enjoy participating.
I look forward to hearing from you!


31 comments:

  1. YAY! I am the first one. Yes, I do want to participate. Yes, I will share it on my blog posts. Yes, I will ship to another country. Yes, I am so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first thought when I read this was, "oh, no, do I feel up to it?" Then, I decided it was the kick in the behind I need. Even if I am not fully up and running, I can certainly make an ornament or two. So, count me in.

    I am trying to catch up, but I only got this read so I hope to get back to see what's up with you.

    Happy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I had a fun time last year with the exchange so I'm in again this year.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Count me on your exchange please! Looks like great fun.

    Thanks! Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicky, I put your link button to the swap on my sidebar. :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Vicky, I had so much fun with last year's ornament exchange. You can count me in and looking forward to it this year!
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to participate this time Vicky! How exciting! :o)

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo hoo!! YES! I have been wondering when you would be posting about the ornament exchange - yes, I have been thinking about it for the last month :) I wanted to ask you so badly about it, but told myself to be patient! haha

    Of course I want to join, my friend. I had so much fun last year and even have a couple of the ornaments from Tuula hanging in my craft room. This year I would like to keep it in the USA for me (sorry about that).

    Thanks for hosting, sweet Vicky! I can't wait! And I will mention it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, yes, yes!! I want to do this again. It was great fun last year and I can't wait to participate again!
    Thanks Vicky! I'll mention it on my blog too. And I'll be fine with overseas this year. :)
    hugs,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there! Saw this on B farm and love this idea! Please count me in! Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to participate Vicky! I am a Canadian but no worries with shipping to the US! Looking forward to my first! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like everyone had a fun time last year so count me in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI Vicky...I'd like to join the fun! I came over from Tuula's.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds like fun. I'd love to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Vicky! Please count me in, I would love to do this! I don't mind shipping international.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is my first time visiting but I would love to join you! I have two main blogs: Christmas Tree Lane and Our Wonderful Life. Anyway, sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have just been reading 'darling stephanies' blog and found out about your christmas ornament exchange.

    It would be so lovely if I could participate in this as it sounds really delightful.

    Would be more than happy to post overseas as I am in Australia.

    Now I am off to read more of your blog.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi...I would be more than happy for you to join the fun, but you showed up as a no-reply blogger which means I can't e-mail you back. If you would, please e-mail me at vickyhunt0605@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you!

      Delete
  17. Hello new friend :) Yes I would like to participate.I will not be able to afford though to do so out of the US. I will also be Your newest follower.Please if You will drop by and visit with Me,only follow if You wish of course.Now to send You My address. Denise of Coffeeberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Vicky, I would love to participate again this year. I'm US only, though. I'm going to put your blog button in my sidebar :)
    And I'm including my email address. Since I started a second blog for my photography on Wordpress, sometimes my address doesn't show up correctly. homesteading[at]charter[dot]net

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have never done a swap on the blogs- would like to be included. Thanks Vicky!!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  21. If it is still ok I would like to participate. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry...I did not see this before I had already partnered everyone. You showed up as a no-reply commenter and were not in my primary e-mail folder. I could not reposnd by e-mail. So sorry...maybe next year.

      Blessings, Vicky

      Delete
  22. Is it to late to sign up for the exchange? If not I would love to do this! I have an older daughter who would also love too! Ill be waiting to hear from you. My daughter and I would like to do an overseas people if that is possible. If not that's fine. Thanks soooo much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry, but it is too late to sign up. I have already contacted everyone with their partner names. You showed up as a no-reply commenter and were not in my primary e-mail folder soI could not respond by e-mail. So sorry...maybe next year.

      Blessings, Vicky

      Delete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....