Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Fall is Finally In the Air

Hello! I'm Vicky....do you remember me? LOL! I've been so busy recently and can't believe it's been two weeks since my last post. I miss blogging and hope to carve out time to post more soon. Until then, I'll share a few things from the past couple weeks. I finally decorated for fall this past week and am enjoying the warm colors. Check out my cute new squirrel plates I found at Wal Mart to add to my tablescaping stash. Aren't they adorable?


Let me share some of my decor. Here's the tag & twig banner I made last year. I still love it! 


In the living room, I placed a few decorations here and there.



Since time has been limited lately, I just printed this banner and made it two-sided  so I could enjoy it from the living and dining room. I added a fall leaf garland to the shelf above. Simple, but pretty!


The bookshelves have a few pumpkins and fall leaves scattered about.


The buffet also got a few fall decorations.....


as did the shelf.


I made a fall snack mix to give out to some of my teacher friends at school...:)


It was so tasty....rice Chex cereal, butter snap waffle pretzels, candy corn, candy corn M&M's and white chocolate.
Yum!


I did just a tiny bit of thrifting yesterday. I had a Dr appointment and ran to the Goodwill after to look for something for an upcoming project. Anywho, I stumbled upon this beautiful solid wood coffee table for $29.99. It is super sturdy and I love the drawer. 


I opened the drawer in the store and saw this inside and knew it cost far more than $29.99 new. I found one just like it online for $158! I would say I got a great deal! It is like new...just a couple tiny scuff marks. And, I love the black, so no paint job needed!


I also found this wall planter. I love these plastic resin pieces. This one will get a paint job and will be used on my new porch. Speaking of that new porch I've been dreaming of for years, we are planning to start building it in December. I am so excited! I have big plans for it and already have lots of decorative items I've been collecting for a few years. 


After my Dr appointment yesterday, the hubby and I went to Home Depot and bought a new heater. We do not have central heat/air and since we remodeled, we did not want to put a gas heater back in the house, so we decided to try one of these for now. I love it! I really love the fact that I can turn the "fire and flames" on without the heater part. It's very cozy...:)


I enjoyed looking at it last night while enjoying this.....brown sugar, pecan pound cake. Homemade by my Aunt Loretta....toasted with a little butter on top and a cup of hot chocolate. We've finally been having some cooler temperatures and I take advantage when we do. 


I've thoroughly enjoyed the last two weekends. Both full of family, fun, and laughs. I am blessed. 
Hope life is treating you well. Have a wonderful week.
Oh...be sure to check in this week if you are interested in participating in my Christmas Ornament Exchange this year. I will be posting information this week.
Until next time.....


12 comments:

  1. You have been busy but the house looks great and ready for the Fall holidays. Love the new coffee table...big score! Your banners are so cute. I keep thinking I'm going to make one but haven't...yet?
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of your fall touches. I can't wait to see what you do with the squirrel plates. Great thrifty finds, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there pretty lady! Your home is so beautiful and warm and really embraces Fall - I love it :) The squirrel plate it adorable!

    Love and hugs to you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back!! Love the black coffee table, I wouldn't change a thing on this, and such a bargain!! Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you've decorated the shelf for fall... I feel like I need a banner on mine, now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have skipped fall except for a few pumpkins - too busy to pull out the fall stuff and hope I will be through with my secret project in time to decorate for Christmas! Love that table you found (or really stole!) The magic words - Christmas Exchange!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vicky, I love all of your fall decorations! Both of your banners are so nice. The coffee table is pretty and what a steal! So glad you enjoyed your time off from blogging too. Take care.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Vicky, I loved the Banner idea! Fall is a fun season to decorate for!
    Life has been busy for all of us! And I think it is just ramping up for the next couple months! No worries, we all know other things have to come first!!
    Always, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea to make a two sided banner, it's so festive. Such a deal you got on that coffee table, and I can feel the warmth from your new heater. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How you've found time to put out any fall decor is beyond me. Good for you! I haven't done a thing. That banner is a fabulous idea. Great score on that coffee table.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of good stuff here Vicky! We got one of those little fireplace heaters and just love it. Your shelf with the white pitchers is so pretty. What a nice collection. Wow, deal on that coffee table. Thanks for sharing your pretty decor. Sweet banners.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're going to really appreciate that heater Vicky! Smart idea.

    Your house looks so cozy and ready for Fall. I'm so behind, but since you seem to have enough energy for 10 people, perhaps you would consider coming over and whipping my place into shape?

    Can't believe that table! Deal of the decade!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....