Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2014

A Few Thrifty Finds

Hello friends and happy Saturday! I don't know about you, but I do treasure my weekends. Don't get me wrong, I love my job and my sweet little kinders, but I love the downtime the weekend provides. Mine started last night with watching my nephew play football and then sleeping in a little this morning....something I rarely do. My allergies have been giving me a fit off and on and this morning they were terrible. After I finally got up though, I decided to do just a little thrifting. I have been so much better recently....I try not to go too often and am much more selective in what I allow myself to bring home.  With that, I will share the things I have bought in the past month. Not much at all, but some great stuff!

First up is this silver-plated tray. I bought this at the Goodwill about a month ago. It was $2.99.


I love the detailed sides. I still need to give it a good cleaning!


Here it is with the set of glassware I bought last Monday when I went to the Hospice Attic. I had my frequent shopper card filled, so I got $10 in free merchandise. These glasses were $0.99  each, but free for me! 

I love the amber colored stems. They will be perfect in a fall tablescape.


I found two pillowcases recently...they were about a quarter each I think. They will join the many others I have sitting in my craft room to make a quilt with someday.


Next up are my finds from today.
I love this adorable bunny pitcher. I know it's fall, but I couldn't resist this piece for spring decorating.


Here's the back. It's a nice size too...around 10" tall. It will be so pretty with a spring bouquet in it!


I looked it up online and the cheapest one I found was $38. I saw one listed for over $60. I paid just $4 for mine and it is in mint condition! I would love to have some plates to match, but at $30 each, I'll have to hope I luck up on some at a yard sale or thrift store someday!


These sugar/olive tongs were just $0.50 and will come in handy for parties.


I also found a couple pieces of like new clothing. This Liz Claiborne top which I love!


And this pair of pants. I love the pretty pockets and the stitching on the sides. It's only at the top, not all the way down the leg. The two pieces were $7...not bad for an outfit!


And, that's it. Well, I did buy a book and a shelf for my classroom, but I haven't unloaded it from Lucy yet. That was a great find because I was needing something like it at school and I got a great deal on this one! I will probably paint it before I take it to school and I will show it to you soon if I do. 

I was so excited to find out I won a giveaway and can't wait to be able to share it! I also wanted to mention that I will definitely be hosting an ornament exchange again this year and will be posting information soon, so stay tuned! It was such fun last year and I can't wait to do it again. So, with that said, I am off to my craft room to clean. It's also my home office and it's a mess. I can't stand it anymore. Maybe I will get creative while I'm in there...we'll see! I am hoping to drag my fall decor out of the shed tomorrow and decorate my house. I'll share when I'm done. Hope you have a blessed and beautiful weekend.

Until next time.....
 

18 comments:

  1. You sure found some fun treasures. My favorites are the silver tray and those pretty glasses. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great. I love the bunny pitcher, what a great find. Di@Cottage-Wishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to be first on the list for the ornament exchange - it was sooooo much fun last year and I met new bloggers. I am in love with the green bunny toile pitcher. I have never seen one. If I happen upon some of the pattern at a good price I will snatch it up for you. Does Lucy hold a lot of treasures? Bring that cute bunny over to Make It Monday if you have time. We start at 7PM Eastern on Sunday night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your finds! I think I have a plate that matches that pitcher...so pretty for Easter. I'm excited about having an ornament exchange, I was thinking about it the other day when I stopped in Hobby Lobby and saw the ornaments coming out...already!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there sweet friend! I am loving your thrifty finds especially the vintage pillow cases :) I can't wait to see what you create with your vintage fabric - I know it will be amazing and beautiful.

    Enjoy your Sunday, Vicky! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds Vicky, love the bunny pitcher! I know what you mean about being more selective with what you bring home. I am still purging after my move. This house is smaller so I've been taking stuff to Goodwill left and right! I started working on creating my craft studio today, I hope to finish that tomorrow and be able to show it off!

    Have a great Sunday!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  7. That pitcher is really pretty and looks great. Love the tray also. As usual, great finds! Hope your allergies settle down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. More wonderful finds Vicky! You were very fortunate with the pitcher and I agree it would look fantastic with the spring time blooms. I'm looking forward to your autumn decorating - I am busy with placing mine everywhere and it looks so cosy I don't want to leave to go to work now. Instead I'd rather hibernate in this cosy nest!! Have a great week my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some great finds Vicky. The bunny pitcher is adorable. Mt craft room is a mess too. I seem to always be organizing it and then messing it up again. lol. I'm definitely in for the ornament exchange again this year. It was such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Vicky, first I want to thank your for stopping by my blog. I've been so bad lately about visiting blogs and responding to comments, please forgive me. Now to your treasures...you always find some wonderful things, I especially LOVE the bunny pitcher. Collecting pillow cases to make a quilt is an idea I've never thought of, it should make a really soft cuddlely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet finds Vicky, and free is always good. Love the rabbit pitcher also. I have lots of vintage pillow cases but just use them. Love your quilt idea.

    I missed your ornament exchange last year, but won't this year! Hope you host it again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the bunny pitcher. It'll be great at Easter time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful finds but I love the bunny jug.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really wanna go shopping with you! Amazing finds Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm with Karen - you find the most amazing things - love love love that bunny pitcher !
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Thursday, Vicky!

    My weeks tend to run in together, since I'm a homemaker and my kids are always home. So, the weekend is just another day for me. It is nice however, when my hubby is home on the weekends. We have been busy getting the guys ready for their hunting trip next week. Every spare moment has gone to the Hunting Trip and planning. I'll sure be glad when they finally head to the mountains, cause this mama needs a much needed vacation from my everyday grind. :-)
    I'm planning to take lots of naps, watching chick flicks, having lunch with my mom and mom in law and just simply enjoying the peace and quiet.

    I love all your treasures you found. I would love to go thrifting with you. Talk about a fun day! :-)

    Take Care and I will check in again soon.

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Vicky! I love the bunny pitcher too! It is just too cute! The outfit looks adorable! Great finds.
    And I can't wait to participate in the ornament exchange again. What fun it was last year. :o)
    Take care and I hope your allergies calm down. They are bad right now here too. ugh.
    hugs,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  18. The bunny pitcher is so unique, not to mention adorable! But since I did mention it, I'll say it again...it's adorable!

    You really seem to have a knack for finding interesting items Vicky. As for weekends, since I've been retired I find I have to stop and think about what day of the week it is. I don't know, and I don't care! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....