Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

LOVEly Art for the Master Bedroom

First off, I want to say thanks for the sweet comments some of you left about my minty green mirror makeover. You ladies are the best!
I was inspired by a couple of my blog friends recently to create a little something special in my master bedroom. First, Cecilia inspired me with the love vignette she created in her and her hubby's bedroom. I thought it was so sweet! You can see and read about it at Cecilia's blog...The B Farm. I was also inspired by Tina's creation at The Cluttered Corkboard. Both of these sweet ladies are super creative and you'll enjoy getting to know them if you don't already!

So...we will start with a J for Joey (my sweet hubby)...


add an ampersand.....


and a V for Vicky.....


and what do you get?
Why you get this.....


Love the crystals hanging from the middle frame. I had everything on hand for this project and put my own little twist on it and here you go. 
Love...:)


I chose to paint the two small frames black and the large one gold and then painted the text the opposite color of the frames. 


I backed them with a beautiful sheer fabric that actually came from a swimsuit cover-up that I of course purchased from a thrift store. I often buy a garment for the buttons or the fabric if it is priced right. I hot glued the letters and ampersand directly on the fabric.


The frames were all thrifted and just waiting for the right project. The gold one had been painted pink and was used in my craft room for a time but I had taken it down recently. The letters and ampersand were purchased very inexpensively at Michael's.


Here's a close-up of the sheer fabric with my hand behind it. 


And...here's the final product on my sheet music wall in my bedroom. This wall was a temporary fix for some plain drywall that had never been painted. A few years ago we had a leak and had to tear out and replace some drywall and I just never got around to painting it. So about three years ago, I just decided to cover it with sheet music! I had the sheet music and attached it to the wall using my own mod-podge I made with Elmer's Glue and called it done. It looks much better than unpainted drywall...:) And...it's the perfect backdrop for my new art!


I am in love with this project and even more in love with my dear hubby after all these years...:) 
I am blessed to have such a wonderful man to call my own. 
Hope your week is going well. 

I'm partying with Marty for Inspire Me Tuesday and Kathe for You're Gonna Love It. Click on over and check them out!

Until next time.....

7 comments:

  1. What a great idea! That fabric is lovely and perfect for the frames.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out so nice. What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet and perfect for your room. I love the sheer fabric you used.
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea Vicky! It looks wonderful on your sheet music wall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea, it would be great for presents too. Oooo another project!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicky, this is terrific and so creative. I love your sheet music wall, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet! You could even framed the three frames with a larger frame. I love the sheet music background. You must truly be Joey's valentine!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....