Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Craft Room Happiness....:)

I can't believe it's already Thursday! This week has flown by. Last weekend I piddled around in my craft room a little...tweaking and making a few changes. I do that more than I craft in there...lol! I have always been one to rearrange and move things around....at home, and at school. I either get bored with things or think things will work better or look better another way. Anywho, I love it! I started by putting up this shelf that I thrifted for near nothing sometime last year. I painted it grey and hung it up to put my washi tape in. The tension rod just wasn't working for me! I have them grouped by color and have plenty of room to expand my collection. I LOVE washi tape!


Some of my favorites...blacks, whites, greys, and yellows!


I also had a brainstorm and hung these little metal buckets on my line I strung up recently. They are the perfect size to hold the small items I had hanging and look cute to boot!


There's a little owl peeking out of the middle bucket.


I love the look of baker's twine...:)


I had to take a couple things down to put the shelf up for the washi tape, so I moved them to my gallery wall. The kitty picture and the pink wall pocket got moved. While I was tweaking, I repainted the frame with the heart in it black. It was yellow and didn't look too good on the green wall. I added the FUN letters too. The whole wall is about fun for me...:)


I need to get back in there and finish a few more projects but I have been too busy lately!
Soon!
I came home today to this little package today.


Inside all the paper shreds was this.....


The little bluebird made a nest from the shredded paper...:)


I won this adorable little Bluebird of Happiness from Terra Studios. Each week, they select one lucky winner to send a sweet little bluebird to. You just have to send them an e-mail with the words Get Happy in the subject line. I was so happy when I received an e-mail from them saying I had won and asking for my address so they could send me one! Click here to go to the page to enter and click on the link just below the blue bar of links under the pictures. It begins with Enter to win....


I used to have one of these sweet little bluebirds, but mine was smaller than the one they sent me. This one is about 3 inches from beak to tail feathers. He will look pretty sitting in the guest room window...:)


He looks pretty sitting on my blue and white table too. Just a peek at my tablescape!


Sorry nothing too exciting to share today. I was just happy to have a chance to blog about anything since it's been a few days! Tomorrow is Friday and I'm excited because not only is my daughter coming for the weekend, but my cousin and his family from Utah are visiting and we are having a big family get together at my Aunt Loretta's house Saturday. Love these times! Hope you all have a fantastic Friday!
Until next time.....

10 comments:

  1. I need you to come to my house Vicky! My craft room is an absolute disaster! I just can't seem to get a handle on it, ugh! I love how you stringed up those little buckets. I love birds too, I have them all over my house, birds and cows lol. I like the shredded paper nest, cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I do the same thing - spend more time puttering in the room itself than actually making something! :) Ah well, it "keeps me out of the pool hall" as my mother used to say! LOL Enjoy your weekend, and congrats on winning that beautiful little bird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things look nice. I have a craft corner and hide-y holes..I've thought of taking over the front room or the small hallway. I dreamed of a little building to do all my crafty things in but I was afraid I would move out there and never return home again.

    I love you blue bird of happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your craft room is such a fun place! I love the Blue Birds of Happiness and have several. I also won one from Terra Studios like you did. Pretty great!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to change things around too... :0) Great shelf, and such a cute little bird! Have a great weekend! -Tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rearranging, painting frames...you are still creating in the craft room :) I love all of your little items and displays.

    The bluebird is just too cute, congratulations on your win.

    Enjoy your family this weekend Vicky...yes, these are special times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got a little teary-eyed seeing the bluebird. My husband's grandmother collected those, and we inherited the ones we had given her after her death. Thanks for evoking a sweet memory of a sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the little buckets on the line. As for washi ape, I have to decide if a project is washi-worthy before using it. Quite a collection of baker's twine. You actually have more than I have. Is that a good thing?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bird is just too sweet :) Whenever I see a bird I think of my precious Grandma Betty...

    Your craft room is so cheerful and fun - you must be in there all the time surrounded by cuteness...no wonder you always have such fabulous ideas :)

    Have a great Monday, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the little buckets on the line. What a cute way to get them off a table. I've never seen washi tape, what exactly do you do with that? It looks like they come in some really cool decorative colors and designs. I love the FUN wall. So very creative! And that bluebird... oh my it's sooo pretty! I love birds...

    I hope you have a wonderful week!

    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....