Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Simple Pleasures...:)

Some days, I just don't have anything specific to write about, but I still just want to share something! Today is one of those days. I am sharing just a few photos from the past couple days. First, take a look at the beautiful hibiscus my mother-in-law gave me for Mother's Day. She gets me something (usually a plant) every year. She says it's for being a good wife to her son and a good mother to her grandchildren. She is such a wonderful person and I am blessed to have her in my life!


While walking yesterday, I snapped this photo with my iPhone. I don't know what these sweet little wildflowers are called....maybe they are just weeds, but I have always thought they were so very pretty. Look at the lovely shade of lavender and the sweet, fuzzy little bloom! 


I also snapped this one of the wild grape vines growing along Willie Mae Lane. See the little pods of grapes? 


On the way home from work today, I stopped behind a school bus and happened to read this church sign. It reminded me to slow down and enjoy these last days of my sons high school career and all the upcoming events instead of just wishing they were all over so I can go on my cruise and rest. It will be here too soon and over before I know it, so I am going to try not to rush it too much!


I get to see this beautiful corn field every day on my way home. It is just up the road from my house. It is always so pretty and green and the sweet little phlox growing in the ditch make it even more special. 


Last photo is the first bloom on my hydrangea. This one is very small, but very pretty. I can't wait for the big, blue blooms to come on...:) I love hydrangeas....this one has been in my yard for over 20 years!


Today was short and sweet, but I hope you enjoyed...:) 
Take time to smell the roses and enjoy each day for the gift it is! 
Thanks for visiting my friends and until next time......

6 comments:

  1. How beautiful is the world around us if we just take the time to look. My hydrangea has been with me for about 20 years and despises me. I moved it several times to find a place in the yard where it would be happy. I finally just stuck it around the corner of the house where we cannot see each other. She seems to like it there! I think I will start a collection of church signs - I am always looking to see what they are going to say next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it is nice just to slow down and enjoy God's creation. Love the church sign. You do have a sweet mother in law!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is just fun to see photos of the beautiful things that surround you!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always read church signs! I love nature ... especially flowers. Love the purple flower ..not sure what it is either.
    Sorry I have been so far behind with reading blogs!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, what a sweet mother-in-law you have! You always hear such horror stories about them, it's nice to hear about a good one once in awhile!

    Thanks for stopping and commenting on all my projects. It is a lot going on at once but when I decided to take my home off the market and stay I wanted to make it so I would WANT to stay and love what I have. :o)

    Have a great weekend!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  6. What pretty sights you saw along the way. I love that your mother in law keeps that sweet tradition. The sign is oh so true. The best part of the vacation though is thinking of and dreaming about it and that's one way to make it last longer! Then take lots of pictures and even video and it'll last afterward too! I hope you have fun with this swiftly passing time in your son's life!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....