Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Salt Water Breeze, a Good Book, & Family

How blessed I am!

I have had such a beautiful weekend....:) It started Friday evening with a much-needed girl's night out with my sister Nancy, my best friend Jeana, and my good friend Heather. We always have such fun together! We went to Gainesville for dinner...Red Lobster, and then did a little shopping. We went to TJ Maxx, Books-A-Million, and Target. I was mainly shopping for my mother-in-law's birthday, but I did buy some pretty aqua blue bowls at TJ Maxx for myself, as well as a few books at BAM. These ladies are such a blessing to me and I dearly love getting together and just enjoying talking and catching up on life with them!


Saturday morning, the hubs and I got up early, packed a bag, and headed out to the little coastal town of Suwannee. Suwannee is a quaint little town where the mouth of the Suwannee River flows into the Gulf of Mexico. It's not too far from home (about 40 miles)....in the same county we live in. Anywho, my mother-in-law's birthday was Friday and her friend was letting her use her home in Suwannee for the weekend, so she asked us to come down and stay with her. It was such a beautiful weekend with perfect spring-like weather! The hubs, son, mother-in-law, and niece spent most of their time fishing. I spent most of my time watching them fish and reading! My daughter, Miranda drove down from Tallahassee to spend part of the weekend with us as well. It was so very relaxing...:) The only time we left the place was to walk a couple hundred yards down the road to Salt Creek restaurant for a delicious seafood dinner and then Sunday morning, Miranda and I took a long walk down to the little grocery store, just for fun because we both love to walk! We took my mother-in-law's little dachshund, Elvis with us and he thought he needed to sniff everything along the way. Miranda ended up carrying him most of the time! It was fun though. Here are some pictures from our weekend....:)

My son Dakota with his Redfish


My Pelican Friend

The Hubs with his Sheephead

I have never seen a fish with teeth like this....
CREEPY!!!

The photo below shows the house we stayed in on the right and the big blue/grey house on the left is one we heard the country music singer Billy Ray Cyrus bought. Don't know if that is true or not!


My Mother-In-Law, Joyce
My niece, Jeri-Lyn
The house we stayed in had some cool antiques and vintage furniture, dishes, etc. It even had an old claw foot tub! Below you will see a beautiful glass door knob, and some glasses I thought were cool!

Pretty thistles we saw on our walk!

Miranda & Elvis....shhh, don't tell her I put
 this picture on here! She didn't want me too!
My babies....my heart!

Miranda and Dakota....isn't the tree cool?

The way I spent my weekend!
(That's fresh kettle-corn Miranda bought me!)
Just playing around with Instagram effects!
I hope you enjoyed looking at my pictures! I had fun sharing them with you.....:)

Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....