Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Few More Treasures

Tonight I'm sharing a few finds from Monday's consignment store stop! I am really happy with my purchases and have been having such great luck lately finding things I have been looking for...:)

I was tickled to find this sweet cow creamer. I have wanted one for a while now to add to my white collection! And you can't beat $2!


I also bought this cute little white pan. It is by Corning and says it is a browning skillet for the microwave. I found one just like it on Replacements for $19.99.....I paid $1.50. I probably won't really use it, but it's cute and white to add to the collection!


I couldn't pass this little cutie up! She looked so lonely on the shelf...lol! I came home and looked her up and found out she is a spaghetti poodle from the fifties. She used to have two puppies on chains hooked to the ring on her collar. She is missing her puppies and her little rose is broken, but she is in good shape otherwise.  That's gold trim you see....not dirt. I will list her in my ETSY shop....maybe someone has the puppies and needs a mama for them...:)


These beautiful Black Forest Fruits salad plates by Heritage were so pretty. They are hand painted and are in perfect condition. I got the 4 of them for just $2! They are &7.99 each on Replacements! I am keeping these for my beginning tablescape collection. If they were vintage, I would probably sell them though!


I forgot to show you these from my flea market trip over the weekend. I got these vintage table linens for a steal.....there is a runner, 4 napkins, and 4 place mats. I got all of it for $2! I don't think they had ever been used, but they are definitely vintage!


I love this little footstool I got for $6. It slides perfectly under my chairs I recently recovered when I'm not using it. I had just told my mama that I wanted to get a little footstool for them and I couldn't believe my good fortune finding this one so soon! I am planning to recover or slipcover it....not sure which yet though! For now it's staying the lovely dated olive green! Funny....that's the color the chairs originally were!



I also got this sweet little violet teacup & saucer for my violets collection!


I love the details on this metal piece. It is about 18 inches square and will look gorgeous with a new paint job!


I love this pretty vintage jewelry box and it is in perfect condition! I am thinking of decoupaging it or painting it and adding sweet little ball few to the bottom. I love the old lock hardware and it even still has the key! I am actually going to use this for my jewelry.



Last thing I have to share is two different white curtains/valances. The first one is a sheer white valance with beautiful detailing....brand new and only $1!



I love, love, love this beautiful pair of sheer white cafe curtains! They have ribbon embroidery in a pretty floral design...:) The pair is brand new and was also only $1! I am just amazed at the deals I get!




Oh....I also wanted to share a precious little painting my sister bought on one of our yard sale weekends. Too bad she spotted this before me....I love it! My aunt touched it up a little and painted a frame for it. Isn't she the sweetest thing? I love the colors in this gorgeous little painting!


Look at the sweet little bird...:)


I looked it up and it is titled Spring Song and the artist's name is Simon Glucklich. I think she gave a couple bucks for this little sweetie which is great considering it is going for $35- $67 on ETSY! Love a good deal! 

Until next time.....

6 comments:

  1. I went to Target the other day and found THAT EXACT SAME COW CREAMER at 6 plus dollars. I had to get it for Nostalgia's sake. When I brought it home to show hubby he liked it too probably because he had never seen one before. I'm still a happy camper but you got a much better deal on yours!

    I hope you enjoy it immensely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey....$6 isn't bad for retail! I am happy I found it though...:) I hope you enjoy yours as well!

      Blessings, Vicky

      Delete
  2. Lovely treasures once again, Vicky! I've got a similar poodle, only mine is pink... my daughter found it in the DITCH while walking home from school several years ago! I have it in my curio cabinet - but she doesn't remember finding it. Such an odd (but lucky) find! You li'l gal looks super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually saw yours when I was reading some of your older posts a while back. That's how I knew it was called a spaghetti poodle. Sweet story about how you got yours too!

      Blessings, Vicky

      Delete
  3. Great finds! The cow creamer is adorable and funny. And I like the violet teacup, so delicate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks....he adds a bit of whimsy to the kitchen! :)

      Vicky

      Delete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....