Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Hollywood Regency Style

Today after work, I decided to stop by a new thrift store I haven't been to before. Boy oh boy am I glad I did! I walked out with 4 items total...:) Here they are....

First up is a sweet little frame. It is in desperate need of a paint job, but for fifty cent, I couldn't pass it up. It is about 7 inches in diameter and has very pretty raised detailing around the edges.


This planter was only $1. It has the cutest little feet and a pretty raised vine and flower design on the sides. I will paint it a pretty color and put a pretty annual in it on my porch I'm hoping we build this summer! I have a couple other tin planters that will be joining it as well.


I was thrilled to find this tiny cloche that fits perfectly on the display base I already had. I broke the one that came with it and have had a bigger one sitting on it. When I spotted this baby, I just knew it would fit and it did....:) You can see the other one in the background that I was using....now to find something to put under it!

 

And last, but not least....my Hollywood Regency lighting! My heart skipped a beat and I almost squealed out loud when I spotted these gorgeous beauties! They were not marked, so I asked how much they were. The guy told me $20. Well....I already had these other 3 items picked out and $20 in my pocket, so I asked him if I could have it all for $20 and he said sure! I smiled all the way to the truck...:) I have tried to find them online, but haven't been able to find any exactly like them. They are from L and S Lighting Fixtures Company in Los Angeles. Based on what I have found, they are mid-century modern Hollywood Regency style. I found some similar on ETSY and ebay. I think I got an excellent deal! Now....I'm debating on whether to split them up or leave them together and also on how to paint them. There are so many possibilities! White would be gorgeous, but so would aqua blue....or how about black! Decisions.....decisions! 
Here they are before I cleaned them.....









They are pretty big...I'd say around 16-18 inches from top to bottom. 


Here are a couple after cleaning shots....the glass orbs are just gorgeous!




I hope you enjoyed looking at my new old lights! I can't wait to paint them and figure out where to hang them. I'll update when I get them up! 

Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....