Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Laundry Room Budget Makeover!

 I wanted to share my mini-makeover in my laundry room.....done on a budget! I've been adding to it over the past few months and it still isn't finished, but I'm enjoying adding to it as I can. We still have to finish our new broom closet that used to house a furnace, put bead board on the walls, and I really want a new washer and dryer, but I don't know when that will happen!

So, I'll show you what I have done...:) First up is an overall picture....I'm loving the color scheme!
The bins up on the top shelf were the first thing I added. They are left over from one of my classroom color schemes and I no longer needed them at school. I added clothespins that I covered in pretty paper and cards labeled with what is in each bin. Cost = FREE! Next up is the curtain hanging behind the washer and dryer to hide hoses. It is actually a tablecloth that I found at a yard sale for a whopping $1! It is like new and Waverly brand.....I love the colors and it matches the bins perfectly! I just draped it over a tension shower rod so I can use it for a tablecloth in the future if I want to. Cost = $7! (tension rod & tablecloth)


The dryer holds a lazy Susan that I bought at the Goodwill, a basket that I have had forever that holds dirty dish towels until I wash them, and a little bowl that holds loose change and other items left in pockets. It came from TJ Maxx. Also on the lazy Susan is a large clothespin decoration that I bought at Michaels. I spray painted it to match. Total Cost = $6

Here is the clothespin mirror you can read more about here. I got it at the Goodwill and the clothespins were in my craft stash and left over from first grade where I used them to pull names. Total Cost = $2


This next item was the most expensive part of the room....my new rug. I found it at the Dollar General the other day. The colors are great and match so well! Total Cost = $8 


This little picture caught my eye at the thrift store a few weeks ago. I just loved it! You can see the original color here. Total Cost = $2


This is a close-up of the Waverly tablecloth. It is so pretty.....:)


Grand Total = $25! Not too bad for a cute laundry room! I hope you enjoyed the mini tour. I'll update when I do something else in there...:) 

Just a couple of pictures from my evening walk to leave you with....




and as always.....

8 comments:

  1. Great update!! I love the cheerful colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...I love the colors too! It's really cheery...:)

      VIcky

      Delete
  2. Hello Vicky, thank you for stopping by my blog, MagazineYourHome. So we both live in mobile homes! I know they can be a challenge to decorate but I see that you are doing a spectacular job! I love how your laundry room turned out! Love the fabric and that clothes pin mirror is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you stopped by! Thanks for the sweet words...:) I wish there were more mobile home dwellers in the blogging world! I love to see how people remodel them. Please stop by again!

      Vicky

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO cute! I love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....