Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

4 More Days....

Well, my Christmas break is quickly coming to a close! I have 4 more glorious days off though and I plan to enjoy every second of them! Today, my mom & dad, and my dear hubby & I are going to Crystal River to go thrift store shopping and go to a movie! They have the best thrift stores there and really great prices! We are going to the Goodwill as well as a few others! 


I am so excited....I always find such great treasures! Today I'm on the lookout for some hardcover books by Nicholas Sparks, Pat Conroy, and Charles Martin to add to my ever-growing book collection as well as a vintage sheet to use for my craft room closet and desk skirt. I have decided to use part of a vintage sheet as well as some burlap to create these two curtains. I'm also looking for vintage items that I know I can sell in my future ETSY shop. I'm trying to build a good inventory before I open my store. Who knows what other treasures I may find though! I am always on the hunt for one item in particular....a Sealtest Ice Cream dish. I have three and I need at least one more to complete my set. I got my three for fifteen cent each at a yard sale a couple of years ago! This is what they look like.....adorable aren't they?


Speaking of treasures, here is my favorite treasure from my last Goodwill trip in Tallahassee in December. I had just been looking at these on the Pier One website and couldn't believe my good fortune when I spotted them sitting on the shelf at the Goodwill. Best part is they were only $4.99 at Goodwill and they are $12.00 regular price! Score! 


Anywho.....let me get back to the point of my original post which was about the enjoyment I intend to suck out of the next 4 days! So, after we do some thrifty shopping, we are planning to go see this.....


I hear it is hilarious! I can't wait to see it! I really want to see this....


but my hubby and daddy would rather have honey poured on them and sit in an ant bed for two and a half hours than to sit through a musical...LOL! I will have to wait to see this one! So, since we are going to a movie, I needed wanted to bake some cookies to take for a movie snack. I hate paying for the candy at a movie....I mean I can buy a new outfit  (from the Goodwill) for what they charge for a box of M & M's! I figured homemade chocolate chip cookies would be better anyway! Here's the recipe....and they are the bomb diggity! The best chocolate chip cookies I have ever made! They will go nicely with a tub of buttery popcorn....which I cannot live without when I go to a movie....even though I always get sick on my stomach after I eat it. I HAVE to have it....even though it makes me sick and I could buy three Goodwill outfits for the price of a tub! It's my splurge when I go to a movie....which by the way is only about 5 or 6 times a year!



So....I better get off this computer and get a little sleep before we go! I'm just so excited....oh, the treasures that await! Enjoy your day and as always.....
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....